Do you want to improve your Shopify website’s performance? As a Shopify development agency, we would suggest the same thing that we suggest to most of our clients to improve the SEO of your Shopify commerce. Having a good SEO rank for your online store will reduce half of your effort on an ecommerce website. So, let’s learn every knick-knack on Shopify SEO.
What Is SEO for Shopify?
SEO for Shopify refers to an SEO strategy to turn a Shopify-built ecommerce website SEO friendly or optimized. Shopify SEO strategy boosts web traffic, and brand awareness and improves overall sales of an ecommerce brand that has a Shopify-built website.
Why Does Your Shopify Commerce Website Need SEO?
People find out about ecommerce shops through online searches on Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The same applies to the Shopify-built ecommerce website. To make your Shopify ecommerce easily findable, you have to make your Shopify website SEO-friendly.
How Does SEO Work on Shopify?
- SEO helps to earn Backlinks from other sites and social media platforms for your Shopify built ecommerce shop and drive a high volume of web traffics,
- SEO improves the domain authority rank of your ecommerce website and makes your online shop a most recommended shop from Google and other search engines. Hence you get to see a sharp rise in sales volume.
- Shopify SEO best practices improve the website structure, web content quality, and overall user experience of your website that improve the conversion rate of your ecommerce website’s inbound leads.
- SEO helps ecommerce brands to build a strong brand reputation because people trust brands that have high-ranking websites.
- SEO improves the quality of branded content and makes those content engaging and helpful for users.
A Guide For Shopify Ecommerce SEO Checklist
Here we have come up with a quick Shopify SEO checklist, hope this will help you to Start with Shopify SEO planning.
- Build accounts with the Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster, because these are the most recognized SEO tools to start with.
- Make sure you submit a site map to both tools so that both can crawl your Shopify website to recognize its unique value.
- Use Google Analytics to track your website performance and insights on its performance indicators.
- Use Shopify SEO tools to conduct SEO audits and perform overall competitor analysis on SEO.
- Take help from experts to index your Shopify websites with the leading search engines
On page SEO guideline
- Use SEO Tools to find out the most valuable keyword for your website.
- Incorporate those keywords in websites, product pages, Meta details, website content, and blog posts.
- Incorporate queries as SEO keywords in the homepages and FAQs section of your Shopify commerce website.
- Optimize title tags, headings, and alt text for images
- Use Schema markup data structure to turn your website’s content user-friendly and easily finable on search engines
SEO content guide line
Preparing a good content marketing strategy is a crucial part of the Shopify eCommerce SEO checklist so make sure to have a strong content strategy for your ecommerce store online market To enhance the on-page SEO rank. What should be the goal of content strategy?
Improve content structure
Write content in a proper format to serve all answers or information in an organized manner. Implement headings, use relevant keywords, and cover concept that users mostly search online or can enrich users in top-of-the-funnel marketing.
Boost the readability of content
Use tactics to make content easy to understand and quickly readable. Break the whole content into short points, and keep content crisp, clear, and direct to points. Use infographic, video content, graphics, charts, several subheadings, statistics, or anything that make content engaging and readable.
Replace duplicate content
Using duplicate content may impact your SEO rank so make sure to use engaging copies like product descriptions, website blogs, and other content that create add unique value to your website. Serve all details to the audience uniquely that establish your e-commerce shop as a brand.
Answer Common queries in FAQs
Address the common queries of target users in a FAQs section and turn your website into a valuable resource to solve buyers’ problems
Technical SEO checklist
- Build a mobile-friendly as a first step SEO for Shopify website.
- Use HTTP secure domain for your Shopify website
- Make sure your Shopify website has an optimized loading time
- Remove or fix errors from broken links of redirect pages
- Use the right type of anchor text
- Build an Internal strategy that makes your website more engaging
- Use the global navigation menu to make the most valuable pages of the website easy to find
Off-page SEO guideline
- Post blogs on guest posting sites to earn quality backlinks
- Post promotional posts on social media with website links
- Collaborate with freelance writers to mention your brand name in their blogs
- Use Shopify SEO tools to find out the brand mentioned where your website is not linked
- Share newsletters, ebooks, and documents among users
- Write on different platforms and take part in social events
Local SEO guideline
- Set business profile with Google
- Do business citations with valuable platforms and websites
- Create a profile on online business directories like Google business profile, Bing, Yelp, Yellow page
- Create landing pages for all locations
- Provide all information relating to contact details clearly
- Make sure to include all locations of your ecommerce business on Google map
- Consult a Shopify development agency for more such insights
• Along with written content use a different forms of content like clients’ testimonials in video format, product reviews in video formats, and visual content
• Brush up your website content using AI tools
• Consult Shopify SEO Experts
• Create a seamless experience in UX design
SEO is a time-consuming process that revolves around so many tasks. You have to keep patience throughout the SEO journey as it’s a matter of planning, execution, evaluation, and re-planning. All these works need lots of brainstorming and understanding. If you feel at any stage you need help reach out to a reliable Shopify development agency.